Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Is Freelance Writing for you?

Hey y'all! Who survived Monday? I barely made it, but I'm here. Monday's after a holiday weekend are the worst! It always takes my family even longer to bounce back to normal schedule after a holiday weekend. We had a lot of fun with all of our Easter festivities. We went to my moms for an Easter egg hunt, went out to eat with my family at Village Inn, then went to my hubby's aunts for another Easter egg hunt and dinner. I'd say it was a pretty successful Easter this year. But...now it's back to work and school for everyone.

As I sat watching the morning news, letting my coffee soak into my soul, I was deciding what I wanted to share with you guys today... Freelance writing won. Did you know that you don't need to have a professional degree to make money from writing online? There is actually a very long list of different sites that will pay you to write articles, ghost blog, or guest post. There are many different sites that have job boards with many clients looking for someone to write for them. They will usually have a description on what the client wants from you, how long the article needs to be, and how much they will pay you. 




I started with Textbroker.com. Now, I can't say that I am too pleased with them at the moment. Y'all might have better luck than me, but I've had some issues with my W-9, which you need to submit to collect your payment. Text Broker pays your through your PayPal acct. We're in the process of getting it figured out, and hopefully everything will go smoothly after that. Other than that issue, I've made some pretty good money through them. I was a member for about a week before I had already made $50. I only did about one writing assignment a day, just because I wanted to test the waters before I went all in and put in a bunch of time and effort. I wanted to make sure I'd really get paid for my time and work. So far, I have not received any money into my acct yet. I will definitely make sure to update with a good or bad review when I find out. :)  




When you sign up for Text Broker, they will have you submit a short sample piece, I believe around 150 words or so. They will provide you with a topic to write about. After you submit your application, they will review it and then rate you with a star between 1-5. Your star level will determine what jobs you can qualify for. The higher the star level, the more money you'll make. If you don't quite make the 5 star level off the bat don't worry, you'll always have a chance to move up levels. Every time you complete 5 articles, Text Broker staff will review your articles and let you know any suggestions they have to help you raise up to a higher level and they will rerate your star level as they feel your 5 articles were worth.




Another site I use is Fiverr.com. Fiverr lets you create gigs for different ways to earn money. You can do anything from different kinds of writing gigs to graphic designs. Most people post their gigs at $5, but you can definitely post them for higher. Fiverr does take $1 out of each gig you sell, so you really get paid $4 per gig. Just remember, know your worth. If you're looking to get some practice because you're not really at the quality you want to be yet, go for the $5 gigs. Just don't sell yourself short, charge what you know you are worth!




Those are the two main ones I used, but there are many more. I'll provide you with a few links below to get you started. As always, if you have ANY questions regarding these sites, please feel free to contact me. I'm always happy to help. :) Follow me on social media, and subscribe to The Quarter Jar, so you never miss a money making/saving opportunity.



Freelance Writing Sites for Beginners:

1. Hirewriters.com
2. thecontentauthority.com
3. blogmutt.com
4. fiverr.com
5. textbroker.com


UPDATE:

I just wanted to update everyone on TextBroker.com. I have finally gotten my W-9 situation figured out with them, and have received my payment. So I can officially vouch for this site and say that they are actually legit! :) I have been writing with them some more, and receiving all the payments I request.

No comments:

Post a Comment